Join us! NanoEnergy lab now part of the MSE department at the University of Utah and we are hiring exceptional doctoral students!
We are seeking a highly-motivated doctoral students to join the lab in the fall of 2023. The NanoEnergy lab offers a variety of computational and experimental projects dealing with electronic and thermal properties of 2D, nanostructured, and organic materials.
What we look for in a student is:
- MS preferred (BS accepted in special cases) from a highly respected research university,
- Strong GPA and test scores (GPA>3.5 and GRE AWA>3.5),
- At least 1 publication in a recognized international journal,
- Familiarity with condensed-matter physics or physical chemistry, scientific computing, and electronic devices, and
- Ability to code in Python, Matlab, Fortran, or C.
Application procedure: If you have the skills and background above, please reach out to one of the current graduate students in NElab and ask them to act as your “champion.” They will present your application case to Prof. Aksamija and advocate for you. To help them make their case for your hiring, please send all of the following:
- your complete CV with list of publications and all 3 GRE scores,
- List of contact information for 3 references. Prof. Aksamija will contact your references directly if interested.
- a paragraph about what future research theme or topic you wish to pursue in my group.
- why you want to pursue that research in my group
- what specific background and skills you bring to the group (see #5 and 6 above).
You may need to have a quick informal interview with one of the graduate students, or prepare a few slides to help them make the case for your acceptance.